Thursday, December 8, 2011

Going Green...Fail

The definition of sustainable consumerism is the “use of services and related products which respond to basic needs and bring a better quality of life while minimizing the use of natural resources and toxic materials as well as emissions of waste and pollutants over the life cycle of the service or product so as not to jeopardize the needs of future generations." I think this definition is a negative factor in relation to capitalism and globalization.

Greenwashing is the brain washing of green marketing, such as the “Going Green” slogan. If the government forced a premium for food to labeled (like organic, local, and fair trade). I would refuse to pay.
When it comes to store shopping or just looking for a bite to eat I enjoy going to a Mom and pop store. These stores on most occasions are better priced and most of the time, if you are eating out, tastes better. With the way I live life I think I the world will be better suited for the future. I eat in small amounts and try to commute at all cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment