Sunday, October 2, 2011

ECHO Experience


This past week I went to ECHO located in North Fort Myers, Florida. I thought it was a very interesting place to go. It was cool to see all the research being done to help others with growing vegetation and help with land quality. 

While on the trip I thought the rice filed really stand out to me. Being Spanish rice is a big part of my culture so it was interesting to see how it is grown.
American agriculture is very commercial and factory driven. In American we are given a lot of land and have a lot of places were vegetation is habitable. In other places they have to compromise with what they have even if it is impossible to grow anything. 

I believe most of the work ECHO does is for developing country's. They are able to analyze whats being done now and help find easier ways for these people to live. Appropriate Technology considers all different aspects of life such as culture, social and ethical aspects, and even environmental aspects and using these things to help developing countries.
I would consider volunteering my time at ECHO they have a good structure and a great idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment